martes, 22 de septiembre de 2026

PRACTICE: COUNTALE AND UNCOUNTABLE

 


Good morning my dear kids, today we are going to practice.

ACTIVITY 1 – THE FOOD DETECTIVE

Read each sentence. Look at the bold word and write:

C = Countable
U = Uncountable

  1. I have some bananas. ______
  2. There is some rice. ______
  3. We need some eggs. ______
  4. There isn't any milk. ______
  5. She has some cookies. ______
  6. Do you have any cheese? ______
  7. There are some tomatoes. ______
  8. We don't have any sugar. ______
  9. He wants some juice. ______
  10. There are some sandwiches. ______

 

ACTIVITY 2 – SOME OR ANY? SECRET CODE

Complete each sentence with some or any.

  1. There are ______ apples on the table.
  2. I don't have ______ money.
  3. Is there ______ water in the bottle?
  4. We have ______ cookies for the party.
  5. She doesn't want ______ juice.
  6. Are there ______ eggs in the refrigerator?
  7. My mom bought ______ bread.
  8. There isn't ______ cheese.
  9. Do you need ______ sugar?
  10. They have ______ bananas.

 

ACTIVITY 3 – FIND THE MISTAKE

Each sentence has one mistake. Rewrite it correctly.

  1. I don't have some apples.
  1. There is any milk in the glass.
  1. Do you have some eggs?
  1. We have any bread.
  1. There aren't some bananas.
  1. She doesn't have some juice.

ACTIVITY 4 – WHICH QUESTION?

Choose the correct question for each answer.

1.

Answer: Yes, there are some apples.

a) Is there any apples?
b) Are there any apples?
c) Do there have apples?

Answer: ______

2.

Answer: No, there isn't any milk.

a) Are there any milk?
b) Is there any milk?
c) Do you have milk?

Answer: ______

3.

Answer: Yes, there is some rice.

a) Is there any rice?
b) Are there any rice?
c) Is there some rices?

Answer: ______

4.

Answer: No, there aren't any eggs.

a) Is there any eggs?
b) Are there any eggs?
c) Do there any eggs?

Answer: ______

ACTIVITY 5 – BUILD THE SENTENCE

Put the words in the correct order.

Example:

some / I / have / bananas

→ I have some bananas.

  1. some / there / is / cheese

 

  1. any / don't / I / have / cookies

 

  1. there / any / milk / is / ?

 

  1. some / has / she / apples

 

  1. any / are / there / eggs / ?

 

  1. isn't / there / any / juice

 

ACTIVITY 6 – YES OR NO?

Read each sentence and decide if it is grammatically correct.

Write YES or NO. If it is incorrect, correct it.

  1. There are some oranges. __________
  2. There isn't some water. __________
  3. Are there any sandwiches? __________
  4. I don't have some rice. __________
  5. There is some cheese. __________
  6. Do you have any bananas? __________
  7. There aren't any eggs. __________
  8. She has any cookies. __________

 

ACTIVITY 7 – COMPLETE THE MINI DIALOGUES

Use some or any.

Dialogue 1

A: Do you have ______ apples?

B: Yes, I have ______ apples.

A: Great! Can I have ______?

B: Sure!

 

Dialogue 2

A: Is there ______ milk?

B: No, there isn't ______ milk.

A: Do we have ______ juice?

B: Yes, we have ______ juice.

Dialogue 3

A: Are there ______ cookies?

B: No, there aren't ______ cookies.

A: Do we have ______ bananas?

B: Yes, we have ______ bananas.