viernes, 18 de septiembre de 2026

HOW CAN WE COUNT UNCOUNTABLE NOUNS?




Today is Friday, september 18th,2026

HOW CAN WE COUNT UNCOUNTABLE NOUNS?

We can use a unit or container.

Examples:

a bottle of water

two bottles of water

a glass of milk

three glasses of milk

a piece of advice

two pieces of advice

a piece of information

some pieces of furniture

Other useful expressions:

  • a cup of coffee
  • a cup of tea
  • a bowl of rice
  • a loaf of bread
  • a slice of bread
  • a piece of cake
  • a kilo of rice
  • a bag of sugar
  • a bottle of oil

 

ACTIVITY 1 – COUNTABLE OR UNCOUNTABLE?

Write C for countable or U for uncountable.

1. Apple ______

2. Water ______

3. Information ______

4. Chair ______

5. Money ______

6. Rice ______

7. Student ______

8. Advice ______

9. Book ______

10.             Furniture ______

11.             Milk ______

12.             Question ______

13.             Homework ______

14.             Computer ______

15.             Sugar ______

 

ACTIVITY 2 – CHOOSE THE CORRECT QUANTIFIER

Choose the correct option.

1. There aren't ______ students in the classroom.

a) much
b) many
c) a little

2. I don't have ______ money.

a) many
b) a few
c) much

3. She bought ______ apples at the supermarket.

a) some
b) much
c) a little

4. We need ______ water.

a) a few
b) some
c) many

5. How ______ information do you have?

a) many
b) much
c) few

6. How ______ books did you read?

a) much
b) many
c) little

7. There is ______ milk in the refrigerator.

a) a little
b) a few
c) many

8. I have ______ friends at school.

a) a little
b) a few
c) much

9. There isn't ______ rice left.

a) many
b) much
c) a few

10.             We have ______ homework today.

a) many
b) a few
c) a lot of

 

ACTIVITY 3 – SOME OR ANY?

Complete with some or any.

1. I have ______ questions.

2. Do you have ______ money?

3. There isn't ______ milk in the fridge.

4. She bought ______ bread.

5. Are there ______ students outside?

6. We need ______ information about the project.

7. I don't have ______ homework today.

8. Would you like ______ coffee?

 

ACTIVITY 4 – HOW MUCH OR HOW MANY?

Complete each question.

1. __________ students are in your class?

2. __________ water do you drink every day?

3. __________ money do you need?

4. __________ books do you have?

5. __________ rice should we cook?

6. __________ friends do you have?

7. __________ information do you need?

8. __________ chairs are in the classroom?

 

ACTIVITY 5 – CORRECT THE MISTAKES

Each sentence has a mistake. Rewrite it correctly.

1. I have much friends.

2. She gave me an advice.

3. There are much students in the classroom.

4. I don't have many money.

5. How much books do you have?

6. There is a few water in the bottle.

7. He bought two breads

8. I need an information.

 

ACTIVITY 6 – COMPLETE WITH YOUR OWN IDEAS

Complete the sentences using an appropriate quantifier.

1. I have a lot of ______________________________.

2. I don't have much ____________________________.

3. I have a few _________________________________.

4. I have a little ________________________________.

5. I don't have any ______________________________.

6. There are many ______________________________.

7. There isn't much ______________________________.

8. There are some _______________________________.