jueves, 6 de agosto de 2026

WORKSHOP



Today is thursday, August 6th,2026

Part 1. Complete the sentences

Use the Past Simple or Past Continuous form of the verbs.

  1. While I __________ (study), my phone __________ (ring).
  2. They __________ (play) soccer when it __________ (start) to rain.
  3. My mom __________ (cook) dinner while my dad __________ (watch) TV.
  4. We __________ (walk) home when we __________ (see) a rainbow.
  5. She __________ (sleep) when the alarm __________ (go) off.

Part 2. Choose the correct answer

  1. I (was reading / read) when my friend called.
  2. They (played / were playing) basketball at 5:00 p.m.
  3. While she (was cleaning / cleaned) her room, she found some money.
  4. We (watched / were watching) a movie when the lights went out.
  5. He (was eating / ate) breakfast before school.

Part 3. Match the halves

AB
  1. I was doing my homework... | a. ...when the teacher arrived.
  2. They were dancing... | b. ...while it was snowing.
  3. She fell... | c. ...when she slipped.
  4. We were driving... | d. ...when my brother interrupted me.
  5. The students were talking... | e. ...at the party.

Part 4. Write the correct tense

Example:

  • I / watch TV / my mom / arrive
  • I was watching TV when my mom arrived.
  1. They / play video games / the electricity / go out.
  1. I / sleep / my friend / call me.
  1. We / walk in the park / it / start to rain.

Part 5. Write your own sentences

  1. Write one sentence using Past Simple.
  1. Write one sentence using Past Continuous.
  1. Write one sentence using both tenses.