miércoles, 22 de julio de 2026

THE VERB TO BE

 



Good morning my dear kids, today we are going to talk about the verb to be.


On your notebook/ en tu cuaderno

July 22nd, 2026

The Verb To Be (Am – Is – Are)

 

THE VERB TO BE

EL VERBO TO BE

The verb to be means ser or estar.

El verbo to be significa "ser" o "estar".

We use it to talk about people, animals, objects, and feelings.

Lo usamos para hablar de personas, animales, objetos y emociones.

Examples / Ejemplos

  • I am happy. → Yo estoy feliz.
  • I am a student. → Yo soy estudiante.
  • She is my teacher. → Ella es mi profesora.
  • He is tall. → Él es alto.
  • It is a cat. → Es un gato.
  • We are friends. → Nosotros somos amigos.
  • They are students. → Ellos son estudiantes.

 

Grammar Chart / Cuadro gramatical

Pronoun

Pronombre

Verb

I

Yo

am

You

Tú / Usted

are

He

Él

is

She

Ella

is

It

Eso (animal u objeto)

is

We

Nosotros

are

They

Ellos

are

 

Remember! / ¡Recuerda!

I → AM

Example:

  • I am Karen.
  • I am happy.

He – She – It → IS

Examples:

  • He is tall.
  • She is my friend.
  • It is a dog.

You – We – They → ARE

Examples:

  • You are my friend.
  • We are students.
  • They are happy.