jueves, 30 de marzo de 2023

MODALS COULD- COULD´T 2


My dear students Ii wish yoy a wonderful and happy thursday. 

LET´S  PLAY 
Clic on the picture 
https://wordwall.net/resource/29596875/can-cant-could-couldnt-

PRACTICE 
1. Choose the answer! Read the sentence. Circle the correct answer.

a. I could _____________football when I was five. playing / play / to play
b. He could _____________ when he was four. swim / swimming / swam
c. Could she _____________ before she started school? to read / reading / read
d. They __________ play chess when they were young. can / could / could to
e. We ____________ make a cake until our dad helped us. weren’t / can’t / couldn’t
f. My best friend could ____________ a skateboard when she was six. to ride / ride / riding
g. I couldn’t _____________ my homework yesterday. do / to do / did
h. How old were you when you ________________ speak English? could / can / knew

2. Make it right!
Find the mistake in each sentence and correct it.

a. I couldn’t finding my phone yesterday. -  I couldn’t find my phone yesterday.
b. My sister could doing karate when she was four.
c. My dad couldn’t to drive when he was young.
d. Could you played the piano two years ago?
e. They were eat with chopsticks when they were six.
f. I could to do origami when my teacher showed me.
g. We couldn’t understanding English before we started school.
h. How many languages can you speak when you were seven?