jueves, 19 de octubre de 2023

SECOND CONDITIONAL

 


HAVE A WONDERFULL DAY. ENJOY YOUR FRIDAY!!!
We have been learning about conditional. 
Let´s continue learning

Write in your notebook

Today is friday, october 20th-2023

Second conditional

The second conditional is used to imagine present or future situations that are impossible or unlikely in reality.

If we had a garden, we could have a cat.
If I won a lot of money, I'd buy a big house in the country.
I wouldn't worry if I were you.

The structure is usually: if + past simple >> + would + infinitive. 

When if is followed by the verb be, it is grammatically correct to say if I were, if he was, if she was and if it was. However, it is also common to hear these structures with was, especially in the he/she form.

If I were you, I wouldn't mention it.
If she was prime minister, she would invest more money in schools.
He would travel more if he was younger.

ACTIVITY
a. If I _________(be) you, I _________ (get) a new job.
b. If he _________ (be) younger, he ____________ (travel) more.
c. If we ____________ (not/be) friends, I ________ (be) angry with you.
d. She ________ (not/be) always so late, she _______ (be) promoted.
e. If you __________ (have) a better job, we ________ (be) able to buy a new car.
f. If I _______ (speak) perfect english, I __________ (have) a good job.
g. If she ________ (pass) the exam,she _________ (be) able to enter university.
h. She _________ (be) happier if she _______ (have) more friends.